The New Mexico Economic Development Department’s (NMEDD) Science and Technology Division has named new board members for the Technology Research Collaborative (TRC) including Lisa Kuuttila, President & Chief Economic Development Officer at STC.UNM. Read more below in NMEDD’s press release. See also Collin Krabbe’s October 9, 2019 article, “State group with big tech goals names new board members,” from Albuquerque Business First, at https://www.bizjournals.com/albuquerque/news/2019/10/09/state-group-with-big-tech-goals-names-new-board.html.
Technology Research Collaborative Board Announced
Santa Fe – The New Mexico Economic Development Department’s (NMEDD) Science and Technology Division has named new board members for the Technology Research Collaborative (TRC).
The TRC was formalized in 2003, with the goal of promoting technology commercialization in New Mexico, increasing high- paying jobs, and diversifying the economy.
In Fiscal Year 2020, the TRC will serve as mentors to science & technology businesses in New Mexico. The board’s short-term goals include leveraging its expertise to assist businesses applying for Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Matching Grants and developing a Five-Year Science & Technology Plan for the State of New Mexico.
Additionally, the TRC has goals specific to the 2020 Legislature: secure TRC funding, allow impact investing in early-stage science and technology businesses with SBIR Matching Grants. and collaborate with Los Alamos National Laboratory and Sandia National Labs on evaluating Technology Readiness Gross Receipts Tax Credit and Program (TRGR) Proposals for commercial readiness.
“We’ve gathered some of the best minds in New Mexico to look at the science and technology business sectors in the state. We need to be on a path that boosts growth and jobs in these areas,” said Alicia J. Keyes. The volunteer board members represent a broad range of expertise:
- Peter Anselmo– Director Office of Innovation Commercialization, New Mexico Tech
- John Chavez– President New Mexico Angels
- Jon Clark– Deputy Secretary New Mexico Economic Development Department
- John Floros– President New Mexico State University
- Mark Johnson– CEO & Co-Founder Descartes Labs
- Lisa Kuuttila– CEO & Chief Economic Development Officer at STC.UNM
- Gabe Mounce– Director Air Force Space Accelerator, Air Force Research Lab
- Mark Popovich– President and CEO 3D Glass Solutions, Inc.
- John Sarrao– Deputy Director Science, Technology, and Engineering Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Susan Seestrom– Associate Director Sandia National Laboratories
- Myrriah Tomar, TRC Board administrator/chair- Director of the Office of Science and Technology at NM Economic Development Department
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Contact: Bruce Krasnow
(505) 827-0226, cell: (505) 795-0119