Construction of the Lobo Rainforest Building is in full swing right now in downtown Albuquerque (101 Broadway Blvd NE). The UNM building’s first floor will house the University’s technology transfer office, STC.UNM, its business incubator, the Cecchi VentureLab, and the Innovation Academy, UNM’s entrepreneurial curriculum for students, lots of start-ups, the Air Force Research Lab’s tech transfer office, and other tenants. There will also be makerspace, collaboration spaces, event space, classrooms, conference and huddle rooms.
Floors 2-6 will be devoted to student housing for UNM Innovation Academy students, upper-classmen, and graduate students. The Lobo Rainforest offers:
- 2 bedroom/2 full bath, furnished apartment-style units, including full kitchen, living space, washer and dryer, and great views of the city.
Other amenities include:
- cost includes all utilities and free wifi
- co-ed options (upon request)
- onsite management, staff, and security
- a fitness center
- Nusenda Credit Union
- designated parking area
- steps away from the new ABQ Rapid Transit system, the Rail Runner Express, and downtown arts and entertainment venues.
Students, now is the time to apply for one of these beautiful apartments. Be a part of the human innovation ecosystem taking shape right now at the Lobo Rainforest Building. For more information, go to rainforest.unm.edu.